Thread: Water driveways
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #16
Gatto Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
A few years ago around dusk a man and woman anchored their sailboat in the cove we're on no more than 150 feet from our dock. We watched the man pour wine for his lady friend and they proceeded to enjoy the quiet of "our" cove. I was sure there was another place they could be and vented to my wife until they finished their wine and went below into the cabin. At this point it was almost dark and I figured they were planning on spending the night. Wrong. I called the marine patrol and told them we had uninvited visitors. When the MP arrived they proceeded to give the sailor a very thorough safety inspection after which they told our "guest" to be on his way. We occasionally get daytime visitors but they usually only stay long enough to enjoy a swim and move on. While I'd like to think its our private cove there's not much we can do about it. Just don't think about spending the night.
If a similar situation where to happen to me, and I was bothered, by it I think I would handle the situation differently. Without a word, I would simply go out to the end of my dock with a a cocktail, a lawn chair, and spotting scope and focus it on them. After a while I'm guessing they would notice and start to feel a little bit uncomfortable and find somewhere else to go where they could get more privacy.