View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 06:11 AM   #25
ApS

Arrow ⅖-Mile and Closing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa minor View Post
Ummm, APS...my headway speed trip was at NIGHT. As in in the DARK in October with very few lights on the shore, air temp in the 50's with light rain and fog on the water. Not fun. Not quite the same as someone water skiing on a rainy day.
I can see the boat in the picture you posted so not sure what your point is?

Oh, and all my navigation lights were on...which was the point of the original post.
Not intended as a criticism: I've navigated at top speed on a moonless night—turning off my navigation lights. (With justification).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
If that pic was taken by Umbrella Point facing Rattlesnake...the distance between the 2 points is a little over a mile...it increases from there.
So you took a pic of a boat that is clearly over 1/2 mile away and claim there is a visibility problem Really? Woodsy
Question: Seeing that they're "fog-skiing" in the middle of the day, would you have put your navigation lights on in that situation?

The opposite shore is ˝-mile distant. The boat is about -mile distant—and taking a different course every minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
So if you can see them from the distance that you took this photo from, I am willing to bet that other boats on the lake would be able to see them just fine.
Below is the cropped version of the original photo, but the unavoidable cropping of that original still magnifies the image.

I can make a case that wearing polarized sunglasses in fog would've been advisable. Wanna see the same boat through a polarizing filter?

I am reading the original title (now) that says the "skier" is really a "wakeboarder".

Attached Images