View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 06:49 AM   #3
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
I can't take sides with you against Ellacoya, but I certainly take sides against anyone in hospitality who puts anything in their life before the guest while at work. I recently observed a bartender leave for a smoke break when I needed help preventing the growth of a cactus in the base of my glass.

My advice to you is to leave a little tip with a brief explanation written on the receipt. If we all did this it would help train the new generation in hospitality.
I would also suggest to play it forward so to speak. Take the remainder from your customary tip and add it to the tip for the next exceptional server you encountered.

This is a problem that will solve itself if somehow we all could unite to reward those who go above and beyond and stop rewarding those who don't.

baygo --- Spot on -- with both points...……. All too often my wife gets upset with me when I try to make a point (utilizing the tip) & I must admit, at least for this individual, when service is exceptional - THEY know it and the Manager will in all likelihood know it from me too