View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:33 PM   #2
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Headed over to them for dinner. Had to wait, so my sister, bil, and I sat on the couches in the bar area hoping to get drinks while we waited. My bil went to the bar and was snarkily told there was a server for the couches. No one ever showed. Once I saw snarky-girl and a coworker behind the bar chatting and enjoying their own beverages, I went to the hostess station to inform them of the situation. She told me we should have been approached by a server, but also that our table was ready. Once we were seated for the meal, everything was fine. But that bitch at the bar needs to realize who pays her salary.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I can't take sides with you against Ellacoya, but I certainly take sides against anyone in hospitality who puts anything in their life before the guest while at work. I recently observed a bartender leave for a smoke break when I needed help preventing the growth of a cactus in the base of my glass.

My advice to you is to leave a little tip with a brief explanation written on the receipt. If we all did this it would help train the new generation in hospitality.
I would also suggest to play it forward so to speak. Take the remainder from your customary tip and add it to the tip for the next exceptional server you encountered.

This is a problem that will solve itself if somehow we all could unite to reward those who go above and beyond and stop rewarding those who don't.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: