Thread: No Clue Boater
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 07:00 AM   #10
Doobs41378

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
This season seems busier than last, and last year seemed busier than the one before--I've gotta think with an improved economy that there are more boating newbies who don't know the unwritten rules. Case in point: the Facebook page recently had a complaint thread about people anchoring at sandbars--specifically, that a boat had come in and gotten tangled in someone's anchor line, etc. Well, if not for someone stepping up to help me last week in West Alton, I could've been that person. Even though I've boated for a few years now and do my absolute best not to be "that guy" my new boat handles differently than the last, I hadn't been to WA before and wasn't familiar with the wind and current patterns, and that day my (currently being replaced) anchor just wasn't setting.

I think that if nothing is said to people like in the OP--in a nice, helpful manner--than with every spike in boaters there will be tons of increased frustration and complaint threads.

I'm not saying the OP's guy wasn't a doofus, but since nothing was said to him we don't know if he was intentionally rude or just didn't know better. If something was said and he responded unfavorably, then his tires should be shot out. After getting off the ramp, of course--that's good manners.
It looks like you are correct about being busier. This article was in the Union Leader this week. 10,000 more boats registered in NH this summer over last.

http://www.unionleader.com/outdoors/...lakes-07262016
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote