View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #42
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
This is the case as I know it: We have been staying at same place for over 20 years. We snuk in back then when a two day "opening" came up while we were passing through on our way to Lake George. We came back a week later and grabbed two more days. Since then we have been staying there... after mid September for two weeks. Boat dock for free. Not making it up..don't need to. Not going to mention the name..No need to: They are booked. NB

PS: This is a cabin with full kitchen, wood fireplace, living room, one bedroom, and dock. 2016 season: OFF season: A Family W/ extra bedroom..would pay $1003/week. (In season this would be $1355.) WE are just two old coots and it's $764/week....Again: OFF Season. Just sayin.
That is great and it certainly explains your singular experience renting the same place every year as a visitor to the lake. I hope you enjoy your stay!

However, there are multiple examples of numerous places for rent, beyond what I have described here. My rental, as well as the two houses next to mine start every season with over 75% vacancy. There is plenty of availability around the entire lake.

I would hate to discourage people wishing to rent and enjoy a vacation at the lake with incorrect information. As I stated, no one has to die, no one has to "sneak in" you don't even have to wait in line, there is plenty of availability.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote