View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #41
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
That is not the case as I know it.

I have had a rental house on the lake for the last 14 years that sleeps 10 and the two houses next to mine are also summer weekly rentals. I do not start to take new reservations until January and at that time this year only three weeks were already spoken for by previous renters. I still have a couple of weeks left, although they are not the best weeks. (June 25th and August 20th) Bike Week is also still available. My two neighbors both had weeks go unfilled last summer although my rental was full all summer. All of our houses have docks.

So, no one has to die and you will not need luck, you just need to look around and you will find something. There is plenty of availability.
This is the case as I know it: We have been staying at same place for over 20 years. We snuk in back then when a two day "opening" came up while we were passing through on our way to Lake George. We came back a week later and grabbed two more days. Since then we have been staying there... after mid September for two weeks. Boat dock for free. Not making it up..don't need to. Not going to mention the name..No need to: They are booked. NB

PS: This is a cabin with full kitchen, wood fireplace, living room, one bedroom, and dock. 2016 season: OFF season: A Family W/ extra bedroom..would pay $1000/week. (In season this would be $1350.) WE are just two old coots and it's $760/week....Again: OFF Season. Just sayin.

Last edited by NoBozo; 02-27-2016 at 07:56 PM.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote