View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #33
cillovely

The pics are very very nice and the chicks are cute, but I have been battling them for years even down here in Mass. And I live in a suburban area. Even at lunch today in Boston I came across more of them and more poop.

I have a brook that runs thru my backyard. Year after year they show up with thier kids, invite friends and thier kids. Sometimes I have had up to 20+ geese and goslings in my yard. Ugh.

This year the brook is running pretty fast, so they haven't stopped by. We have done fences and all that. Shoo them away, they wait across the brook for me to walk away and the come right back. I use a big stick just in case they get agressive, but they are more dumb than anything. I have had my son do the chasing on his battery operated ATV, that worked for a while.

There is supposed to be something you can put on your lawn that golf courses use. But it's pricey.

My puppy (Labrador) seems to love the poop to dine on. I want him to scare them, but so far when he sees one he's more afraid than anything.
cillovely is offline   Reply With Quote