View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #17
AC2717

They love our beach
the trick i found, after lots of research and going mad last year, is to use twine about 15 inches right at the water line on the beach. And sporatically place caution type streamers on the twine to move with the wind, but also so someone does not trip over in darkness. On the grassy parts that meet the water, place it a couple inches short of where the grass meets the water. It confuses them on the grass because they do not have enough room to hop up onto it, and on the beach they do not know how to navigate under it or above it, and by it being on the water line they cannot rest there beuase they are in the water so they take off

tried and true method for me after only two weeks last year at the cost of just a roll of twine, sticks from the property, and a roll of $1.99 caution ribbon.

another method that works is the ballon method, but with the heat will be replacing them every day. you tie the ballons to a stick with at least a foto lead to it, can be as long as you want. Throw them all over and when they move they become affraid of them because they do not know what to think, (make them all different sizes) and move them around - this worked for a friend onf mine, i started doing it but got sick of blowing up ballons every day