View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #30
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree View Post
Is it still just the single model home or have others been built?

Who knows...if it stays the way it is and goes up for sale in 3-5 years, I may just have to make an offer.

Of course I'd leave it just as it is...the way it was meant to stay.
That "model home" is presently occupied by a caretaker of all that land: One hundred-thirty acres—±.

Like yours, he has two dogs that have no trouble finding porcupines. The Golden Retriever reportedly leads the Black Lab astray!

Nothing's changed from last year. I understand the Marriotts intend to add new homes as the family grows.

Marriottboro, New Hampshire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBarnCat View Post
I just, as a "newbie" stumbled on this thread. I want to thank all the participants in this thread. My late father was an avid pilot many years ago, prior to marrying my mother and then me coming along. He used to affectionately refer to Merwin and the Airport, so I've always felt it was a part of his enjoyment of flying and love of the area. I'm not ashamed to admit that reading this was the trigger that allowed a good part of the grief that had been repressed for fifteen or so years to pour out.
These changes have been hard-felt by everyone who knew both Ralph Merwin Horn and Eleanor. Both were delightful people—on a mission!

The only "grace" is that the change has been gradual since Merwin's 1997 death.

Breaking-up the floatplane ramps on the shoreline was a tough "message" for our neighbors and the many floatplane pilots who'd frequented the ramps. No more repairs, no storage, no transport, no maintenance, no fuel, no modifications—no more "shop talk".

Everyone here loved it as their hard work succeeded to "make a name". He managed to chart a course for the airport that kept him occupied in every decision—including the "boom" years of the mid-90s—right up to his passing away.

I don't think he would allow the thought—that someday—Wolfeboro's Little Airport wouldn't be here.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post: