View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #53
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Those personal facts might be good enough for you but they sure aren’t what I would call accurate statistical analysis data.

“25% to 30% range”……. “about 50%”……”over 50 slips”, “running about 35 percent down”, “ski boat segment was down about 25 percent”, “representing roughly half of the U.S. boat market” ??????

Come-on TiltonBB, you can’t just throw figures like that around without having backup data. Spend some more time getting realistic figures and then let us know what you come up with.

Maybe as a hobby you should take a class in statistical analysis.
I can assure you that the majority of people reading my previous post will find it factual and informative. The only readers that will not agree are those with blinders on and a pre-disposition to an illogical conclusion. Those people who are aware of what is happening on the lake will agree with the facts presented. Sorry that it appears that you are not in that group.

Rather than ask me to do your homework perhaps you could provide some facts of your own.

You can try this web address for more information. There are weekly reports generally prepared for people involved in the boating industry:

http://www.boating-industry.com/

The facts regarding boat registrations that I presented are outlined there.

The problem with the pro speed limit crowd is, to paraphrase Ronald Regan's words: It isn't that they don't know anything it is just that so much of what they know is wrong!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: