View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #48
lawn psycho

Rusty, over the winter Melvin Village Marina sends out the holiday reminders and little tidbits about whats going on at the dealership/marina. Sorta reminds you that you even own a boat when there's snow drifts outside

Matt, the new president even wrote in the letter that it was a tough year for sales.

Not many years ago, you had to get on a waiting list for most marinas on the lake. Now I'm almost certain for a boat under 25-30 ft you can get a slip with ease if you decide to switch to another marina or boat sizes.

I'm willing to bet if someone invested time in putting the data together that you asked for (possibly tongue and cheek), that it would show reduced gas purchases and slips rentals for the last two years.

I'm been able to make reservations at places last minute on prime days with EASE whereas in the past I would have required to place them well in advance.

And if gas prices keep climbing and stay high we can all hang on to our hats for another hit to the economy. The stock market is practically waiting for an excuse to have a correction right now.....