View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
alsadad

Default Send money, guns and lawyers, APS has hit the fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second;This is a difficult question to answer, but here's an admittedly "[I
oblique [/I]try".

1) The transport of three liters of Vodka—plus an unknown quantity of beer—was only discovered in the aftermath of a boat collision with one of Winnipesaukee's 253 islands—an island that was tragically encountered directly in the center of Lake Winnipesaukee.

2) While that "transport" was not technically illegal, every experienced Captain is responsible for their boat, passengers and crew—so, viewed in the bright light of Rule 5—how can it be viewed as otherwise than "wrong, unethical, and morally unacceptable".

How'd I do?

My wife teases me about drinking my annual Scotch at the company Christmas party. I’ve been known to “blow through” an entire six-pack of Mike’s Hard Lemonade – I buy one on Memorial Day weekend and I might finish it by Labor Day. My wife occasionally drinks one glass of wine. On the rare occasions when she has tried to drink a second glass she has fallen asleep before finishing it. Nonetheless, I have put a few cans of beer in the boat cooler when we have guests who like it. Or at least, we used to. But never again. I had no idea that simply carrying a few cans of beer in the cooler, even if they are not consumed, was wrong, unethical, morally unacceptable and that it rendered me wholly incapable of complying with Rule 5. I hope Big Brother isn’t hacking the Forum database to learn my identity.
The Following User Says Thank You to alsadad For This Useful Post: