Thread: It Figures....
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #64
melvin bay

As far as the part about legislators being unsympathetic, I think this is a major smoke screen on Sbonh's part. Some of these legislators like Hikel, Packard, Forsythe, and Boutin may well have been hoodwinked here. I suspect they are decent people who did not know the full extent of the deceit which lies below the surface at SBONH. People have fought hard to return a family ideal to the lake. The message from some of these offshoreonly and other posts is a pattern of reckless, irresponsible, and immature behaviior on the part of the president of the organization. These are not the words one would wish to hear from a young man with kid(s). The pattern can be seen with the quotes about Braun Bay and the Naswa and booze cruises...right up until recent quotes about getting anhiilated drunk. The Hooters comment beats them all . The parallels with Erica and the NHRBA are frightening.
I too have spoken with some of our legislators. One has said that yes theyare ticked off at this bill just a few months after the passage of the SL and that indeed these bills often emerge somewhat opposite to what was intended similar to what I read from another poster. It would be ironic if the sl were more not less restrictive and involved all nH lakes. I would urge all who feel similarly to speak with your reps, let them know your feeling, and be willing to back up your concerns with some of these very revealing posts, especially the ones about Braun Bay and the Naswa. These posts do not paint a picture of people who are reasonable and prudent.

Here are 2 more quotes from offshoreonly. I find it interesting that initially some of the posts on the Jammin on the James thread were marked edited as of a few days ago....now the whole thread I understand is missing.
These 2 aren't quite as blatant as some of the others("waking up in the dog's bed") but show the disturbing pattern and do not seem in line with the family values mentioned in the Fosters letter.

01-16-2010, 11:52 AM #123
OCDACTIVE
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

1999 28 Active Thunder Savage 2 weeks!!! I'm starting now... Gotta get the liver primed!

01-17-2010, 09:28 AM #136
OCDACTIVE
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

1999 28 Active Thunder Savage I am going to go out on a limb here and say in 2 weeks from today I will have a raging hangover! LOL

I think this bill and organization are toast