View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 04:12 AM   #10
ApS

Question Maybe Baksheesh Will Work?

Generally speaking, when I fill out the change of address form, I run it by a Wolfeboro USPS clerk, so they can verify its accuracy.

However, in recent years, I can't be sure of delivery. This year, my Florida Post Office said "Your mail is on the truck".

"What does that mean?", I ask.

"Your mail is being transferred back and forth, and never leaves the USPS truck".

Fortunately, there is a special yellow USPS form that a post office can fill out to stop that kind of re-circulating. When that form was filled out—upon arrival in Florida—mail was redistributed correctly in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Why not notify all your regular mailers with your new address so it goes direct without the need for a forward. Most likely, recipients are self motivated to notify regular mailers who pay you rent or dividend checks with your new address and don't rely so much on the Post Office for forwarding. Everyone likes to take it in a whole lot more than they like to dish it out. You send the money here, now, understand.
I like the suggestion of "Premium Forwarding", but it sounds too much like an unnecessary band-aid—and too much like a bribe.