View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 05:23 AM   #23
ApS

Wink You're Late...

This discussion had me check on my former financial for-fee advisor. A very engaging advisor, he prepared personalized graphs putting me on a stabile financial track which, and I quote, "Should see me through age 85". That was 25 years ago and now, alas, I'm reading that my first-ever financial advisor died last year.

If you're 10 years from retirement, you're late to have visited a financial advisor.

As multi-millionaire radio advisor Dave Ramsey says, "When the market goes up, I bought stocks. When the market goes down, I bought more stocks. Why? Because over the long run, the stock market offers the greatest gains."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUJAPR5KAA

Also says, "Get out of debt".

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I agree one first needs to know what you are looking for. Many just charge transaction fees which I don't like but good planners will charge 1% of assets or more depending on balances. But they will have access to trust attorneys, long term care etc. so once you know then it is easier to figure out. Edward Jones from people that I know that use them charge transaction fees.
Though I'd never heard of them, as a new Executor, I was directed to the Edward Jones office in Wolfeboro.

One Edward Jones office sprang up when Bank of America closed their only Florida office—for 30 miles.

Edward Jones' offices are everywhere. I'm presently in a tiny burg smaller than Wolfeboro, and there's two Edward Jones offices here.

Although you'll get just one "Primary Advisor", each office can be helpful in their own way. (Check Depositing, faxing, ordering checks, credit cards, NDIC-insured savings, notary services and grounded information from a local).

Edward Jones Investments have come a long way!

Attached Images

Last edited by ApS; 10-30-2017 at 07:10 PM.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote