View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #6
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
If it holds three people as opposed to two people, then you can legally us it via the free-to-use Squam Lake, NH Fish & Game, two lane, boat launch ramps and parking lot that's on Route 113, just 200-yards up off Route 3/25, close to the library in Holderness.

For some wacky reason, two seat jetskis are banned from Squam, while the three seaters are ok to use ...... go figure ..... and, explain that one? Basically, all jetskis now sold have seats for three people.

Big Squam was the lake used for the 1981 film, On Golden Pond, made when there were no jetskis, yet ... those were the days?
I think the word "jet ski" is originally from the days of the "jet ski" that you actually rode standing up. Eventually, manufacturers started to make something similar, but you could ride sitting down which were your "2 seater" jet ski's. When "jet ski's" were originally banned from certain bodies of water, most, if not all, were "2 seater's", (and the "stand up" type), and the way manufacturer's got around the "new rule" was to make "3 seater's", at least 10' long so they were considered a "boat", or a "vessel", instead of a "ski". That "saved" the "sit down" type of jet ski, but the "stand up" type, (and the 2 seater's), are still banned on a lot of bodies of water. That's why today you hardly ever see the "stand up" type any more I would think.That's probably when they started to become known as "waverunner's" as well... I'm no expert on "jet ski's"/ "waverunners", but I remember someone telling me something to that effect years ago, which is why you can't even buy a new "2 seater" any more to my knowledge. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's why all you see these days are "waverunners" at least 10' long, and are all 3 seater's. They are legal to go on any body of water you can launch your "boat"...!! In other words, it was the manufactures way of saying FU to all the whiner's and complainer's to the "jet ski"!!!

Last edited by Cal Coon; 10-27-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote