View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #585
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Transportation Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
There were NO concurring results from unmarked MP boats. The Marine Patrol claim that they did use unmarked boats in the speed test, however they failed to record which tests were done with marked boats and which were done with unmarked boats. So a piece of information that would go a long way to validating the data was never recorded.

Just one more indication that nobody ever took the study seriously. The study, none the less, did what it was intended to do. It delayed the SL by one year.
The transportation committee ask for the findings to validate supporters and opponents claims. As neither sides can support their claims as pertaining to Lake Winnipesaukee. The marine patrol being on the lake far more hours than any of us boaters, (except maybe elchase as he claim he spends more than a thousand hours every year on the lake) have said speed limits were unnecessary and rightly proved. Yes, both sides, can pick apart and approve or disapprove the study. There will always be flaws in a study. That is why there is a margin of error. have anyone seen 'perfect legislation?' If legislation is perfect, we wouldn't have legislation!

The delay was sought the make both side 'feel good' about the law. Politically speaking. As the law is one of the biggest 'hot potato' NH have seen. After the two year test period, the transportation committee and the Dept of Safety will have a valid report to present to legislature to prove that we need or do not need the SL law. Right now there is no substantiated valid claim to either side!

Sorry to burst the opponents bubble on this, but most of the representatives are sitting on the fence to see the clear picture. The reason why 162 was defeated was the 'not in my backyard' syndrome as it effected all bodies of water. You can see the seacoast representatives voted against it. The latest reincarnation is Winnipesaukee only. So the representatives voted just to get it out of the way. I.E. 'not in my backyard'. That's politics folks. Pork barrel at its best!