View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #519
sunset on the dock

TOP TEN REASONS WHY IT MAY BE BETTER FOR SUNSET NOT TO ATTEND THE JANUARY MEETING AND WHY YOU MAY WELL BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT ME:

10) I'm passionate enough about the speed limit without 3 beers in my system.

9)Yes I could show up and not drink but run risk of making myself and all SL supporters look like dorks.

8) I tend to think of 45/25 as being the compromise...that won't go over very well or make me many friends at the meeting.

7) I find El's posts to be entertaining, especially when he picks up one of the grenades tossed in his direction and throws it back even before it has exploded.

6) I feel more of us should have come to EL's defense regarding issues like the illegal fishing thread and the rude comment about his religion and wayward priests.

5) You remember Sarah Palin's comment about Obama "pallin' around with terrorists". What if my picture were taken and I'm the only SL supporter in the group and the picture got published in the Union Leader...how could I face my friends and family?

4) When everybody is talking horsepower stats and such I may feel a little inadequate talking about my 15 HP 4 cycle Honda outboard.

3)While my wife never forbids anything, she did insist that I update the will before attending.

2)What if some of you guys make fun of my Volvo wagon sitting next to all the pick-up trucks?

1) We named our Labrador Retriever "WINNFABS"...Winny for short(OK I just made that one up because I couldn't come up with another reason).

Last edited by sunset on the dock; 11-16-2009 at 10:59 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sunset on the dock For This Useful Post: