View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #517
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
Well you are right.. Silent choice or captains call (same thing for HP engines) can only be used under 2000 rpms. In other words ideling through channels, docks etc. But as far as going by your area on plain this wouldn't work. you would blow your engine. APS says there is a type that can be used all the time but I called a few friends who builds boats and engines. They said there isn't a switchable exhaust to do that. There are mufflers that can be switch manually but it would be the same as what I have on mine now. It would be the difference between straight hull exhaust and what is legal now. So unfortunately there isn't anything really to help your situation other then perhaps this summer I can pick you up and maybe you will suddenly learn to like them?? I know I know.. Big Stretch there.. but offer is still on the table.

here are my mufflers.. Cost me a fortune but I am legal and NO powerloss.
Yeah I'd definitely meet you for breakfast at the town docks, especially if it's OK to bring my little 10 year old guy...would like to see your new and improved boat. But no trying to convert the little guy to your GFBL persuasion . If he converted to GFBL we would be even more upset than if he married outside of his religion, race, political party or other generally accepted marriage partner (just kidding here, we're pretty open minded). We even worry that there may be GFBL teachers in his school that could be subtly trying to recruit him to be a GFBL. I guess we would also have to be careful not to get caught speeding...I can see the headlines in the Laconia Daily Sun now: "Avid Speed Limit and Winnfabs Supporter in GFBL that Gets Pulled Over For Speeding".

Last edited by sunset on the dock; 11-15-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Didn't want anyone to think I'm a racist because I'm not one. I never discriminate against anyone except maybe GFBL'ers.
The Following User Says Thank You to sunset on the dock For This Useful Post: