View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 07:23 AM   #7
Juiced06GTO

Hey guys thanks for all the advice. We made it up here no problems and have been enjoying boating the past few days. I have been boating since I was about 13 and am 33 now, just had been out of it for the past 5 years, but I am pretty familiar w navigating and the Bizer chart is great.

I made the trip from the ramp up to the cove with a buddy and left the kids and fam at the camp, it worked out well. We avoided the graveyard on the way up and made it pretty easily.

A buddy and I went out the following morning early and did some exploring, shot through the graveyard, went through the hole in the wall, and ended up docking up over at the weirs at about 8am hoping to snag some breakfast but we couldn't find anywhere that was open! All in all we were out for about 3 hours getting our bearings so I feel fairly confidant taking the family out now.

One thing you guys aren't wrong about is the people who are completely oblivious to boating rules, etiquette, or just plain common sense! Yesterday we all went for a cruise up towards greens basin, fairly slow just putting along taking in the scenery, and there is a guy in what looks like a new Cobalt, towing along a guy w no vest on a tube zig zagging through the channel. The guy fell off in the middle of the channel and the only safe thing to do was stop the line of boats so they could take 15mins to retrieve him and get out of the way! These guys were in line for the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" award!!

Sorry for the rambling post but wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice on getting up here!
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote