View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #68
6meter

About 20 years ago, I stopped visiting the Weirs on saturday night of Bike weekend as it was then. I'd drive down in my boat qnd do all the people watching I could. Very entertaining! Spent some $$$$. Went back the next year to find a docile, boring, just plain uneventful evening. In the many years that I went, I never saw anybody hurt anybody else. No fighting, just good times. What I noticed different that boring year was the police presance EVERY 30 feet down the bordwalk. Also saw alot of signs stating the $250 fine for flashing. Last I heard, this wasn't advertised as a family getaway weekend. I remember driving up Rt 106 in the 70's. NOW there was some serious going ons!
Lets also remember that Meredith was rebuilt with private monies, not public. Also remember how much a lunch or dinner cost at Lago's or Church Landing as opposed to Gringos or any other establishment at the Weirs. You might be able to rent a small cottage for a week at the Weirs for the same price as one night at Church Landing.
I also thought that the area was kinda quiet this past weekend, not that I traveled down to the Weirs, but Meredith was.