View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #77
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancoveguy View Post
Just a reminder...my professional estimation of your speed is more than enough to hold you to a ticket. If I point my radar/lidar at you and nothing shows up, and I "estimate" that you were traveling in excess of a posted speed limit, that is good enough to ticket you. Tried and true, this is established precedent in Ohio and has been adopted by many other states including Massachusetts (not sure about NH but they are usually ahead of us when it comes to pro-police law)

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index....l_estimat.html

With this in mind...I don't hate speeders enough to need this. Just an interesting factoid.

Good luck, btw, the good guys always win...eventually!
HCG

Probably be another very long thread as to which one of us is wearing the white hat...lol
What gets me is that the police officer estimated by eye that the SUV was going 73 mph and that radar gun read 82 or 83. Wouldn’t that tell the Supreme court as well as the lower courts that there is a discrepancy about how close the officer can estimate speed? Granted he wasn’t certified to use radar but it should have been enough IMHO to throw the case out. If he can’t estimate within 10 mph then this case went way too far in the courts.