View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #73
hancoveguy

Just a reminder...my professional estimation of your speed is more than enough to hold you to a ticket. If I point my radar/lidar at you and nothing shows up, and I "estimate" that you were traveling in excess of a posted speed limit, that is good enough to ticket you. Tried and true, this is established precedent in Ohio and has been adopted by many other states including Massachusetts (not sure about NH but they are usually ahead of us when it comes to pro-police law)

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index....l_estimat.html

With this in mind...I don't hate speeders enough to need this. Just an interesting factoid.

Good luck, btw, the good guys always win...eventually!
HCG

Probably be another very long thread as to which one of us is wearing the white hat...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
If you paint any vehicle in front of me with lasar or radar you can't hide. My RD is one of, if not the best, on the market. Very sensitive. I sniff out the Maine State Police with ease and they go to great lengths to hide on bridge overpasses, on entrance ramps, etc.

As with any radar or lasar, if you are the only car on the road then you're vulnerable to getting a ticket if you're speeding. Also, if I was to get pulled over my detector would be out of site from your view and mine also has VG-2 immunity

Some of us are serious tech geeks