View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #192
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
Does it make you feel good to post images like this? Probably one of the images was taken with the Tattle Tale switch being on. But why post it in the first place?

I really don't think that you are mature enough to pilot a boat with the potential of reaching speeds over 45 MPH.
Sam, while I generally enjoy your posts I feel like you are being a bit harsh here? Why? Why are you calling another forum members maturity into question in reference to a photo of a Speedometer? The title of this thead is "New Boat... See tyou out there." The originator of the forum was excited and proud of his new toy. So he subsequently posts various photos and now his maturity is called into question.

Look it's one thing not to understand someone's passion. Harley Riders like loud pipes, Snowmobilers like zipping across the lake, Ice-Fisherman like to stand out in the freezing cold with string on a hook, Sky Divers like to dive out of prerfectly good working planes???
What I don't like or agree with is when people on this forum start bashing those individuals that enjoy doing things that they don't understand.

Everyone wants to ban everyone else's activity because THEY don't enjoy it. This usually falls under the "Well it is offensive to me and it prohibits ME from enjoying MY activities." I can't stand this NIMBY pansy new American attitude.

Sorry Sam this entire post wasn't directed at you. I ended up going off on a rant!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: