View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #164
DoTheMath

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
I think I may just end up putting the OCD on the sides with the AT Oval / logo on the back.. It is easy enough for someone to paint over.. but honestly this is my "step up" boat. I originally was going for the 25 and someone said I would want the 28 years to come. So I waited and did my inital step up..

My wife would kill me if I ever wanted to go bigger. Plus on the logistical side I don't have the huge $$$$ to do that..... (opposed to some peoples thoughts we are not all 200K trust fund babies).. So I am at my limit especially with a young son and who knows when the second will come.

As far at the gauges and senders................ You and I are gonna have to hang out! Great ideas.. boat is in VA so I don't know where the sender is coming from. I will ask the guy rebuilding to take a look before I start replacing expensive gauges.
Sounds good, I believe that "less is more" at times when it comes to paint on a boat, esp. if it's a nice boat with nice lines like the AT's.

And if you need / want any help with the mechanical stuff - rigging, etc... let me know - be happy to help. I always seem to be doing something to my boats, I just enjoy the work and doing it myself, that way I know it has been done right and the process behind it. I had bought a brand new (factory order) Formula back in 2000, had Lingenfelter power in it, I spent about 50 hours on the boat before I took it out the first time. I pulled the dash panel and all the gauges, repainted the panel, added / replaced gauges, mechanical indicators, etc... It came out nice - then sold it to a guy on L. Tahoe a year later.

This is what you have to look forward to with your little guy, this is my son a couple summers ago at 2 1/2 y.o. - he's 4 1/ 2 now and loves being out on the water!
Attached Images