View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 02:39 PM   #11
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
Depends on the price point. And where purchased.

Many brand name mowers are rebadged MTD. Really have to do your homework. MTD makes a lot of junk.

Then the debate as to quality of big box same brand mowers vs local brand dealers. Off to a great debate.

Many of the small engines are made in China now. Some China ones can be dependable and easy start. Some are China junk.

The Craftsman name has been sold.

Find a reputable local dealer that has it's own service department.

Get one that allows easy to change/sharpen blades.
Yes thats what I have found. Its a shame as even MTD used to make a decent product, but so many of the under $2K machines have become so flimsy they really look like they are ready to fall apart on the trip home,,,

None of them impresses me, not even the John Deere or Husqvarna, but they at least look better then most of the others.

My current mower was the least expensive Craftsman they made, and while I have gotten 15+ years out of it, I have had to do multiple repairs every year for the late 10 years,,,

Hence my wanting something new, and maybe, maybe just built a tad bit better. But in truth I'm not seeing it, they just newer and fancier.

Oh, and I am not, NOT willing to spend $4K for a mower. My lot is only 3/4 acre and only half of that is grass,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote