View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #19
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
I guess I missed something along the way.....the engines will be DESTROYED if they stay local. Destroyed means they will No Longer be able to RUN.....is that what you want..?? The NH Antique Boat Museum "Theme" is not geared to BIG marine engines. I am interested in the engines surviving in running condition....................... NB

PS: An Alternative: Keep one engine in NH as a static display and send the other one to Mystic where many more people can see it actually RUN.
The idea is to ABIDE by the conditions of the grant.

Why do they need to be in running condition to be on static display? The engines will be rendered to a non-running state. How many people have never seen an engine run? "Hey mom look at that large metal block making noise with a spinning shaft out the back".

These belong in NH and who cares if they still operate. Put one on display in the Weirs or Meredith or Center Harbor or where ever the mount will continue to travel so that future patrons waiting for the ship to arrive can go in and observe a piece of the mounts history. One could build a large glass display case to house the engine, with one side in normal condition and the other in cut away view to see the inner workings of the power plant (something not everyone has had the ability to see). Followed along with a number of writings posted within regarding the history of the engines and the vessel. This could even be displayed outdoors with this case.

Do not get me wrong, Mystic is cool and all, but Conneticut??? with a piece of NH tradition and scenery, get the h**l out of here!
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote