Thread: Lavinia's
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #17
Newbiesaukee

Lavinia's has been many things over the years as the Coe House, etc and others. A number of years ago, the interior was beautifully redone and the menu was quite upscale ( should add "for the Lakes Region" so I don't get hammered, although IMO upscale for anywhere.) The food, service was pretty high end. For whatever reason, it was sold a few years ago and the new owners son was the new chef. ( If you like these discussions, search the Forum for the old, pretty vicious thread).

Regardless, over the past 2 years or so, the menu is much more of a mixed bag. The intent was to provide good food at a price point that would make the restaurant more successful. In my opinion some of the offerings are better than others ( no surprise there ) and it is certainly eclectic with fancy dishes and burgers along with good pasta and really good fish tacos. The setting either inside or out is still lovely.

In summary, a pretty successful business plan. The restaurant is neither a burger joint nor haute cuisine. In an attempt to please everyone, I think they have done a pretty good job in an impossible task.

I have no connection whatsoever with the restaurant going back even to the Underground Railroad days.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is online now   Reply With Quote