View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 05:39 PM   #3
mishman

Default new rec center questions

I am neither for nor against the rec center at this time but I strongly object to voting to allocate any town funds this year in case the town votes in 2023 to go forward with the rec center. Town voters need to know before voting to allocate any funds for a possible future rec center what the annual operating costs are for the center, what additional staffing will be needed and what the overall impact will be to taxes going forward in future years (I realize this last question is hard to pin down completely). From the very limited research that I have done, no NH town anywhere near the size of Moultonborough has a year round indoor pool. This is potentially a big lift for our town. Again, I am keeping an open mind (if private donors substantially reduce the capital cost of the center I might be all in to support it) but unless and until a full and fair accounting of the cost to the town is completed, I will not vote to set aside any funds.
And I strongly object to changing the town meeting date back to March. I am a permanent Moultonborough resident but am rarely here in March.
Again, I will keep an open mind, but I need facts first before voting. Thanks for listening.
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mishman For This Useful Post: