Thread: Cost of fuel...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 09:00 PM   #76
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I think we agree!

I agree 100% that climate change has made disabling hydropower a really bad thing to do, and that we should be increasing hydropower. And that we need a sane coherent system. And that funding bastards like Putin and MBS in Saudi Arabia is terrible in several different ways.

Our only difference may be that I'm more eager to get off oil--in part due to climate change, in part due to geopolitical issues. But if your using hydro today, I salute you
I totally agree too.

Almost anything we do will cause some harm.

It really bothered me how so many were against more windmills.
Stupid stupid arguments from really smart people.

Yes, they will kill some birds. Yes, you will see them. Yes there will be some impact installing them. But they are a net win vs the alternatives.

We may never get rid of oil. But that’s ok.
But we can try to rebalance sources so we use a little of each.
Too much of anyone causes the most harm.

Wasn’t it hydro power that Canada wanted to send down our way that 95% NH said no too. I don’t even care if it passed through NH. If MA burns less oil, that’s good for NH too.

Like someone mentioned. Why should all the harm happen in China and NH get off with little or no impact? We all have to share some burden for energy.

Looking at Windmills and allowing a power line through was a pretty small penalty compared to sacrifices other states make. Coal states, fracking states, oil states, mining states.

Would I prefer not have solar panels on my pretty new house. Sure. But it’s worth it and I’ll make it work with the least visual impact. And for the record Solar might not work out in NH for me. I’m not gonna cut a bunch of trees for it. Maybe I’ll put up a wind mill. That would go over big