View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 08:09 PM   #158
chachee52

Quote:
But as said in my earlier post, points 1-4, the public (and the legislature) support our commonsense 45/30 speed limit.

I too have been on the lake since the 1970's. And the positive change in the last 10 years with our 45/30 speed limit has been immense.
Will agree to disagree that the lake is safer in the last 10 years. Growing up on the lake and boating the entire time. The I will definitely say I pick and choose the times I go out during the summer now compared to 10-15 years ago when I used to feel safe going out anytime in my 14 ft and then 18 ft boats. Now have a 25 ft and feel I'm playing dodge boat from others. As people have mentioned, it has nothing to do with speed, just people oblivious of what's going on.

And the argument that a majority of legislators support the speed limit is like saying "if everyone jumps off a bridge it must mean its a good idea". That just means the Legislators just don't care or they are getting some kind of kick back by someone?

The argument that speed limit is safer I think is what people are arguing, Its not, and there is no evidence that it is. Do a majority of people support a speed limit because a) their boats don't go above 45 anyway and B) even if their boat does go that fast, 99% of the time they don't. I think that is more the supporters of it. It just doesn't matter to people if there is a speed limit of not on the lake because it doesn't matter.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote