Thread: Cost of fuel...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #66
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Yes just don't pay attention to the fact that those solar panels are made of highly toxic materials and the manufacturing process isn't exactly environmentally friendly, but that's OK it's done out of sight in China so who cares. And this stuff is being thrown in landfills that are NIMBY.

Just like the EVs, don't pay any attention to the extremely harmful strip mining (overseas so out of sight out of mind) that is occurring to get the raw materials to make batteries that too are highly toxic to manufacture and recycle\dispose of.

When we as a nation are committing economic suicide to virtue signal how "green" we are and to do so turning a blind eye to the environmental impacts that occur elsewhere to do it.... it's comically hypocritical. This is what happens when you don't have coherent grownups running things.
All forms of energy cost. The idea is to diversify. Nothing it perfect.
But it sure beats burning fossil fuel.

The panels will get recycled. There isn’t much infrastructure yet in the US because there isn’t much need. EU started Solar earlier and has recycling programs now.

https://www.cedgreentech.com/article...ls-be-recycled

You’re just trying to justify burning fossil fuel is better.

Your right that EV’s have a long ways to go to be carbon neutral too.

But I don’t mind helping fund energy diversity. EV’s will get better and better.
Each generation of Tesla batteries aims to use less heavy metals.

Your just trying to justify your gas burning ICE is sone how better. Well sure isn’t good for the lakes.

Your also right that China might be more sloppy in producing batteries and panels.

It is the direction things are going. Massive facilities are going Solar and EV for a reason. I doubt the aim it to pollute more. Amazon, Apple, Meta etc all aim to be carbon neutral. Carbon is the major problem right now. Yea, we will have deal with other side effects too.

Go ahead and encourage the world to keep buying oil from OPEC and Russia I guess is your plan.

I’ll take my chances with PV and EV. Much more manageable, long term.
The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post: