Thread: Cost of fuel...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 10:33 AM   #58
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
It’s about time it’s priced what it should be.

I don’t care if it’s $10/gallon personally.
I’m 99% Solar for all energy needs.

But I do care how much it impacts the economy.
And care about families that simply can’t afford it.

Such a sudden change is never good.
Pleasure Boats are the last problem.

I had wished they taxed the hell out of gas while it was cheap to help fund desperately needed road / bridge reconstruction. And alternative fuels so that we are less dependent on oil.

Yes just don't pay attention to the fact that those solar panels are made of highly toxic materials and the manufacturing process isn't exactly environmentally friendly, but that's OK it's done out of sight in China so who cares. And this stuff is being thrown in landfills that are NIMBY.

Just like the EVs, don't pay any attention to the extremely harmful strip mining (overseas so out of sight out of mind) that is occurring to get the raw materials to make batteries that too are highly toxic to manufacture and recycle\dispose of.

When we as a nation are committing economic suicide to virtue signal how "green" we are and to do so turning a blind eye to the environmental impacts that occur elsewhere to do it.... it's comically hypocritical. This is what happens when you don't have coherent grownups running things.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: