View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 08:45 PM   #34
Harry Heffalump

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky's View Post
There’s another part to this equation that as a small business owner I’ve been hit with a few times. It’s called the "Entitlement generation”.
I had one person come to me that has worked for me for about 3 years then he went own his own and came back to help out on a huge project we currently have going on. So I said lets work something out full time. His response I get 65.00 per hour and I don’t work Fridays. I sat back held my words and went about my business. Building and remodeling business doesn’t pay that kind of money and to say I don’t work Fridays. Guess what not with me period. The point is and this is a huge part of what’s happening now the ENTILTEMENT GENERATION. Those are the facts. When I was young I was thrilled to have a job taught you about responsibilities, maturity etc not how much are you paying me?
He very well be making $65 an hour as a subcontractor. Guy I know was making that kind of money making and installing custom cabinets. He wasn't working for someone else though. Ended up walking because he didn't want to work six days a week, ten plus hours a day. Those who some consider entitled really just want decent pay, enough to afford a home and health care for their families, and some time to spend with their families. Anything less, they don't want it and I can't say I blame them.
Harry Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harry Heffalump For This Useful Post: