View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #49
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
What a building it was . It was loaded with charm that came from being an original barn structure that cant be duplicated.
To rebuild requires the building be brought up to current code , that's all the ADA act issues and general construction codes . That can't and should not be waved. And with those codes comes a loss of the original ambiance.
The other serious issue is the current owners picked this up at a foreclosure auction for a price that seemed to be well below market price. That's also what helped make it work financially. Rebuilding will be at full replacement costs that will make margins tight . I would call it a game on this one and move on to the next deal .
While agree with your comments about the originality of the building not being replaceable. I disagree with the idea that rebuilding is financially out of the question. While you are correct that rebuilding will be expensive and at full cost, that is what insurance is for. As a business I would hope they would have been insured fully in case of fire, which means rebuilding will not be as costly as one might think, for the restaurants owners.

I am just glad that the fire happened when it did, and all that was lost was a building.