View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #42
Old Hubbard Rd

Default The Woodshed

I was saddened with the news of the loss of the Woodshed. I always loved bringing friends and family there to show them that yes a restaurant nestled in the woods can be a successful place. I always chuckled at the thought of reviewing the business plan of the original owners as they presented it to the bank for a loan. I LOVED the décor. The character that this building had was irreplaceable! The food was not always perfect but the character made up for the problems with change of ownership etc over the years. The Woodshed is not re-buildable. Yes you can move the sign or build another restaurant and put the name Woodshed on it but it will never be the Woodshed we all know. Therefore like many other things in life those who got do visit her will always remember her and the joys we had there. Thanks for the memories!!

PS I've always loved the old farms converted into restaurants as they have wonderful character so we still have the Corner House Inn, Mames, The Common Man in Ashland, The Italian Farm House and I'm sure others can chime in with other local "Woodshed" type places. Growing up in Massachusetts I have always LOVED the Wayside Inn located in Sudbury Massachusetts. The Wayside Inn and the Woodshed always were my 2 favorite place to visit. So long old friend! Let's Skip and Go Naked!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote