Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #83
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

You know, I was trying to give people of an idea of the distance covered in Five minutes... which should have been the end of all this... Because the bottom line is if LaserP truly waited five minutes after checking 360 degrees around him, then he traveled 1.9 miles... durring which time, a boat directly behind him travel only 7 mph faster would have traveled 2.5 miles to be in roughly the same location... that means that at the last 360 degree check the Formula was more then 1/2 a mile behind him... Also likely is that when laserP last did a 360 degree check, is that the formula was not right behind him, but vectoring in from another direction, approaching from the rear. And my have not been picked up in his scan.

Laserp made the conscious decision to post about his incident... yes maybe commiserating with GBG..... So in my mind, the feed back here is warranted. He of course slammed the Formula Driver pretty hard.

No one, who has posted in the thread has slammed LaserP..... we have all simply posted, in response to the information that was given. And noted on the situation that possibly LaserP needed to think through his actions a bit more, and that possibly he had some blame in the situation...

No one here is perfect, nor have I ever heard anyone claim to be perfect. However we all view things uniquely...... Those of us that understand the mathematics of the situation, have simply posted, that hey 5 minutes is a long time, and a lot of ground and situation changes did take place. And the bottom line is to keep a proper look out, you have to be aware of your situational surrounding more often then every five minutes...

Quite often I find people jumping to conclusions, and as is human nature, we don't want to think we are wrong. Part of whats wrong in today's society is that people don't want to take the time to self reflect, and re-think there actions, realizing that they may have had some blame....

Last what if laserp was just trying to stir the pot? he has very few posts, and hasn't bothered to chime back in........I guess he succeeded if that is what he was trying to do..