Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #21
Woodsy

Default Ummmm.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserp View Post
I had an ***hole in a 30 ft Formula almost run his boat over mine at night on a weekend. I was doing about 23mph. Looked behind me many times and there was no boat within 500 yards. I may have been cruising for 5 minutes when I was getting to my destination. Started to pull off plain and pull to the right. Turned around and this guy was 20ft from me doing at least 30. My guess is he was passing me on the right and wasn't looking. I hit the throttle and cut hard right and fortunately he cut hard left. Missed me by 20ft... AT NIGHT!!
Then he starts yelling at me! Didn't you see me? Said he would report me! I said go ahead. I'd love to hear him explain to the cops that a guy in front of him slowed down and he almost hit him. He was clearly within 150ft of me. At night. Was speeding. Was within 150 (on my inside) of moored boats.
The lake is full of morons on the weekend, with boats that they buy to compensate for their manhood. Can't handle them.
Laser...

I have a couple of problems with your story.... and maybe I am missing something here. But.....

You said you were doing 23 MPH and came off plane and pulled over to the right. No offense but you are in the WAY wrong right here! You should have looked behind you before changing speed or course. Had looked behind you before changing course and direction you SHOULD have noticed the guy in the Formula (you didn't). You were CLEARLY being overtaken by the guy in the Formula. This makes you the STAND ON BOAT and by LAW you are REQUIRED to maintain COURSE and SPEED until after you have been overtaken! You lowered your speed and turned INTO the path of Formula who was overtaking you. (He was passing on your right according to your story) Then you cut even SHARPER RIGHT compounding your mistake! (Both boats were required to turn AWAY from each other) had the Formula followed the rules and turned right (away from you) most likely we would be reading about your injuries in the paper!

Your slowdown and course change was in the wrong. Had their been a collision you would have been at fault for failure to maintain a proper lookout as well as failure to follow basic navigation. At no point in your story did you have the right of way!

http://www.boat-ed.com/newhampshire/...3101_700056387

PS: The nighttime speed limit is 30MPH.... not 25! The Formula wasn't speeding or breaking any rules at all!

So who is the moron now? Maybe before you call someone an ***HOLE & MORON and question their manhood, you might want to make sure you are in the right...... maybe you need a Safe Boater Refresher course?

Woodsy