View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #31
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCC View Post
I bought lumber at Winnipesaukee Lumber exactly once - when we first moved here.

I needed some 4x8 sheets of 5/8" A/C plywood, ripped to 2x8. They didn't have a proper saw for doing this, but was told that if I sought out (???) in the back and asked him really nicely he might cut it for me.

He cut it with a small skill saw. The cuts weren't straight. The plywood had more filler in it (both sides) that I've ever seen in plywood, before or since. The process seemed to take forever and I ended up feeling obliged to give him a healthy gratuity. He did spend a lot of time on this and it wasn't his fault that the lumberyard lacked a basic piece of lumber yard equipment to do the job properly.

I really don't like posting negative comments, but people come to this site looking for honest information and, from my perspective, this thread seems to have turned into a bit of a love-fest.
If you're buying lumber you should own a skill saw. They shouldn't have to cut it for you and you shouldn't be expecting a perfect cut if they did. For that you need to visit the DIY stores like Home Depot or Lowes.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: