View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #21
Airwaves

Wolfman, while you are aboslutely correct nothing is going to change. Are you going to give up your gains in life? I'm not.

SPEED LIMITS ON WINNIPESAUKEE

This is not a Democrat vs Republican issue. As the late Tip O'Neil once accurately said, all politics is local...My voters say X then I vote X or have to explain myself...explanifications are difficult

This issue is about a group of folks, some property owners on Lake Winnipesaukee, that initially thought they saw a problem and tried to address it. Unfortunately for them the facts did not back up their efforts (In my opinion) but they are to the point where backing down is not an option.

When those folks started their campaign it encouraged "us" to look at what they were saying and defend our actions. Fortunately for "us" our actions do not rise to the level that "they" contend is a problem. (Again, in my opinion)

I suggest that both sides back off! The Pro and Con side take a break and NH Legislators stand down and wait. Why?

2008 is the first year that all boaters in NH are required to have passed a safe boating certificate course. That means, for the first time in the boating history of Lake Winnipesaukee and the State of NH, all boaters will have been certified.

Let's see what happens.

Airwaves, Out