View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 04:17 PM   #15
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Thanks for the reassurance—it was so weird because every other year has been perfect.

Gumout = Sea Foam? A quick search found that the former may be better when taking things apart whereas the latter might be better in fuel treatment? I've also used Techron in my cars in the past. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I have no experience with SeaFoam............ I have used Gumout, for years, both in my boats and my cars, with excellent success....

When you look at fuel additives, Seafoam, Star Tron, Sta-bil are all marketed to help stop phase separation of ethanol fuels...... As an adder the do tend to help keep gum deposits at bay.....

Gumout however doesn't do anything for phase separation, it is a detergent to clean carbs and injectors........Techron is in this same category.....

Anyways just rambling, I have a felling once you get to your second tank of gas, most of what you are dealing with will go away....

Personally for the last 11-12 years, I have run Stabil Marine.... I add it in every tank of gas..... I have had no problems (knocking on wood)..... at winterization time, I do believe my Mechanic drops in some Seafoam.... and thus in the spring we have very little problem, except the need for a tune up every 2-3 years....