View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 04:03 AM   #71
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Question Why are they looking only for plants and not Zebra Mussels too? ?

Wow, some very diverse (and a few unexpected) comments in this thread. First, I do appreciate their work and any and all efforts to help clean up and protect our lakes. However....

New Hampshire Lakes Association and their Lakes Host Program goal: ...to prevent the introduction and spread of exotic aquatic plants...

They inspect boats and trailers looking for exotic plants BUT NOT ANIMALS? Why are they not looking for Zebra Mussels too? Is it a different kind of inspection to look for Zebra Mussels? Why exclude this aquatic nuisance species and concentrate only on plants?

Until this thread got me to look at their web site I thought the inspections were for all aquatic nuisance species - plant and animal but apparently I am wrong.

Get those bow numbers on paper but don't look for zebra mussels? Why waste an inspection opportunity?

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipper of the Sea Que For This Useful Post: