View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
drwamcross

Default Malwarebytes

Big Dog...

I had the same problem and asked an experienced tech at my office. I couldn't get online at all and then I started running into problems even running Microsoft Office. He downloaded a program called Malwarebytes; they offer a free download and he ran that. In fact, my computer was so messed up, he downloaded it to a thumbdrive and then loaded it on my computer since I couldn't access the Internet. It found about 30 malware files and it quarantines them (later deletes them).

He also downloaded a program called CCleaner which will clean out cookies, history and temporary internet files which sped up the processing.

He had worked for a computer repair shop for many years and has been working in IT for a variety of companies. You might try those free programs first; it did the job for me.

By the way, there is malware that attaches to Norton anti-virus, if you have that. Norton actually has a program on line that is needed to delete the anti-virus program, then he ran Malwarebytes and Ccleaner, then re-installed Norton. Norton was initially blocking the loading of the Malwarebytes program.
drwamcross is offline   Reply With Quote