View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 03:54 PM   #25
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
This is not the problem here. In fact, I recall from an older thread, parents were unhappy when the only place they were seated with their children was at the bar.

As long as it is not illegal, Canoe can have whatever seating policy it wishes and then patrons can decide whether this is the restaurant for them. The problem with Canoe is the lack of consistency about policy and a kind of crapshoot as to how you are treated.
That was a post from me.

We had reservations and four children older teens through single digits. That was roughly 12 years ago. They sat our party of 6 at a hightop cocktail table, maybe 24" in diameter right next to the bar with a group of vocal men using "bar language". At that time their policy was they do not sit children in the main dining room. Fine with me, but a 24" diameter table right next to the bar is not a suitable place for children, nor is it suitable for a dinner for six people. That was it for us until a few weeks ago when without children, we gave it another try.

Having just had some surgical work done on one of my knees, we asked for and waited for a table that we could get to without stairs. We waited 75 minutes. People that arrived well after us were seated in the area without the need for stairs. I was told they had reservations, but I had also been told you needed six or more for reservations and these were parties of 2 and 4.

After 75 minutes, I asked how much longer and was rudely told that my bad knee was not their problem and unless I could use the stairs, she had no idea how much longer it would be.

Needless to say we left and had a nice dinner, albeit late, at Lavina's. I am also looking into potential action against Canoe under the federal ADA. We used a cell phone to record two of these conversations.

We are done with Canoe.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote