Thread: Seaplane Rescue
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 07:20 PM   #6
CowTimes

Air medical transport is a heavily regulated industry that requires extensive certifications and licenses, including for the pilots, and imposes very specific requirements on air-certified EMTs and air-certified medical equipment that is required onboard, among other requirements.

This would be a huge investment in both terms of pilot training and licensing, logistics of ensuring the required air-certified EMTs would be readily available to be onboard for such trips, and equipping each of these planes with tens of thousands of dollars of air-certified medical equipment.

As an island resident that is a potential beneficiary of such services, I sincerely hope this is a serious proposal that is being floated and not a publicity stunt around the seaplane base. I sincerely look forward to hearing more details on how this would work. If there will be a fundraiser to help raise the hundreds of thousands of dollars that would likely be required to get this off the ground, please keep this forum updated on the specifics and details, as this is a cause I would be happy to support financially once specific details are available.
CowTimes is offline   Reply With Quote