View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 08:04 AM   #124
Randy Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Hmm.... so first of all what would entice a "staff member" to casually drop this information on you? This makes zero sense, or were you just fishing for dirt on the camp? Now this allegedly occurred in the spring time as per your own admission, the camp states they were doing maintenance. Stands to reason this was being done well before any kids arrived and how do you know for certain that what was drained out of those pipes was even the grey water that the pools actually contain? BTW grey water is NOT raw sewage. Do you think that MAYBE it is possible and more or less likely that the pipes indeed did need maintenance or just a check prior to operation? Moreover what was allegedly drained out of them was not grey water but rather regular potable water which was put into them to say I don't know pressure test them? Since you didn't see first hand what happened your observation and conclusion is likely incorrect thus the reason why there was no action by DES who far as everyone else on the planet knows takes this stuff very seriously. IF an investigation was warranted I'm sure they would have conducted one and shut that place down if there was indeed a problem. Outrage due to ignorance does not, on your part or Mr. Owen's, construe illegal activity by the camp, town, DES or state.
at a time camp belknap actions and policies were well respected. i think the des just accepted their verbal report. at a time staff and former staff at camp belknaqp were pretty happy. this is no longer true.

the forensics though are pretty telling. the ice line is in feet. i welcome supporting argument that might mitigate this disaster but i just don't see it. please explain how you think this happened. perhaps if the camp can provide manifests of thousands of gallons being pumped and transported i'll buy it, but for now i'm going with gravity and to it's lowest point lake winnipesaukee.

the former kids all will tell you about the pink eye and stomach viruses resulting. truth is they are pushing the kids to as they call it "west camp" because they polluted east camp.

while the spill itself is catastrophic this also begs the question why seth kassels did not report it and further why did he march the kids into that water just a few weeks later or YOU for that matter. i assume you are a neighbor
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy Owen For This Useful Post: