View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 05:50 PM   #80
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Owen View Post
Dear Maxum,

I beg you to read this entire tread. This is at best partially about the noise of the guns. The noise is from massive groups of kids. The Camp has hundreds of acres. There is no reason they need to be on top of us. Though guns are not our wish this is about Camp Belknap flagrantly and deliberately breaking the law. They were put on notice through the court and continued. They asked for a hearing, got a hearing saying NO and still continue to try and break the law. The town too is breaking the law. Like it or not there are laws that we live by. This thread is only to make Camp Belknap accountable to the law. Nothing else.

IN THE THREAD
Now back to the matter at hand. THIS IS ABOUT THE TOWN AND CAMP BELKNAP NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW. The merits of my fight and this one will prevail but this is just about breaking or not breaking the law.

IN THE THREAD Seth Kassels stated that all 300 kids could be there not me, and we know they absolutely way over book this number. Yet if SETH dramatized this just to aggravate me and he's off 50 by percent or even 75 percent there is absolutely staging and kids lined up. So do you think even 25 percent of Seth's state kids (which is 75 kids) is reasonable next to your low density zoned house?? Hell even 30?????

IN THE THREAD THE ZONING IS LOW DENSITY RESIDENTIAL just put your own family home in this situation please and thank you
Dear Mr. Owen

I actually have read the whole thread.

Did you not notice that I have a place on an island, much like yours with not one but TWO YMCA camps near by? I'm betting that they house way more than 300 kids each at any time during the summer on less property. So I believe that I have some level of understanding of what it is like to have a summer camp near by. Also how much noise they generate. I hear lots of kids screaming and having a great time. They used to shoot up there I don't think they do anymore but either way I don't mind the sound of gun fire. I have no problems whatsoever with the kids camps operation because quite frankly for the kids attending, and the older ones who work there it is an experience of a lifetime. I can't imagine taking that away from any of them.

Far as your repeated assertions of law breaking, that is up to the courts to decide, he said, she said, you throw out a lot of assertions and opinions but fact is what matters in a court of law. What your opinion or interpretation of "the law" and how it applied, followed or adhered to is just that your opinion. Others may come to a different conclusion. That is for a judge to decide and I have all the confidence that is indeed what will happen here.

As far as my opinion goes what I see going on here is that you sir have a problem with the camp. Why I don't know or care but thus far I've seen nothing of substance being brought to light. The camp owns a total of 288.132 acres scattered across multiple properties and two islands. It seems perfectly reasonable that a average density of approximately 1 kid per acre is not unreasonable assuming a total attendance of 300. I'm quite sure when you occupy your half of Farm Island the person to acre density is far greater so should you also be held to the same standard? How about all the added noise and waves from the boat traffic you create personally? Shall we go on and hold YOU to the same standards?

I am not here to defend Camp Belknap, but I also find it hard to crucify them based on what appear to be rather outlandish claims which have not been substantiated by anyone of consequence. If that were the case there would be something far more engaging to discuss.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: