View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 08:05 PM   #24
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
I feel left out never, never seen him,,,

Does he yell at you for no reason?

I have seen people go through too fast or playing loud music, and I can understand why that might be annoying.

Personally I think they should make it a one way route, but that will probably start a conversation in and of itself,,,
Your not going through the Gut enough if you have never run into him..... what is even better, is when the gut is clogged up, and you get to close to what he believes to be his exclusive lake area..... I was tempted to raise my outboard, and spray him with water, but I decided with the wife and impressionable teenagers on board, that likely wasn't a cool thing... (I must be mellowing in my old age)..... In my experience you generally don't here his grumblings, but that day he was all worked up as the gut was clogged, do to loon nest peeping.....That day marks the only time I have had to put a boat in reverse in the gut...

Now as for one way, why the hell not.... yes it will start a debate... Unfortunately the number of inconsiderate boaters is on the rise.... I had boats racing me to the entrance last summer.... to which I let them win... but found it amusing that I caught up to them inside the gut, because they where not to sure about what they where doing...... and too scared to pass oncoming traffic side by side in areas where there was more then plenty of room.

Anyways I digress, I am just a grumpy old capt.... who is far from perfect (My wife will remind me, of the one time I got stupid, and polished the prop on a rock, she even framed some of the metal burs for me).... A lake with out turmoil is to small for me....