View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #6
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I do have a compressor. I’ll see what I can do on that. Problem is,where is in and out? And once air finds a path it won’t push water any more. I’ve done simple stuff be for like sprinkler systems. But a house with pipes going every which way it’s hard to push it all out.

I think the plumber might have pumped RV antifreeze in on some spots.
Couple of other hints:

- Winterize your laundry washer according to the manufacturer's instructions and remove the drain line. Using some flexible hose and a funnel, pour a cup or two of antifreeze into the drainage outlet. When you disconnect the washer's supply lines (manufacturer will tell you to do that), be sure to cap them to avoid any surprises if you forget to reconnect the hoses before turning the water on in the spring.

- I also disconnect the fridge and toilet supply lines to release any vacuum and allow water to fully drain.

- If you have a bubbler, be sure to leave that circuit breaker on and even then, double check to ensure you have power to the applicable outlet.

- Don't be shy with the antifreeze. It's much cheaper than new toilets or appliances.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote